Friday, December 9, 2016

Mixed Media Abstract Painting "LIVING IN THE NOW" by Santa Fe Contemporary Artist Sandra Duran Wilson

 
I have synesthesia which is a crossing of the senses. When I hear music I see colors, and numbers create tones. This painting is a combination of all of my passions including physics and music. It began with a poem, which was written on the surface. Many layers of plaster and special blends I made to create texture were built onto the surface. The color was influenced by the song that is depicted by the musical score. The song was made by sonifying the data which came from the Higgs-Boson collider in Cern Switzerland. I told you it was weird didn't I. It is my vision of creation.  
 FRESH OFF THE EASEL...    60"x48"1.5" Acrylic on Wood    Click HERE for purchase info.    Click HERE to learn about my upcoming WORKSHOPS!!    Click HERE to sign up for my newsletter.    Visit http://sandraduranwilson.com to view more of my work.
Eight Weeks of Giving
My 5th annual BOGOF ( buy one get one free )  sale runs November 20th -January 15th
You can view these paintings on my blog HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment